Like many schools the Bhaktivedanta College uses the internet to supplement the in-person educational experience primarily as an information resource. It is therefore assumed that the student have access to the internet. We suggest a minimum computer configuration as follows (more is preferable):
- Notebook computer (preferable)
- IBM PC Pentium compatible
- 128 MB RAM
- Super VGA compatible monitor
- 10 GB Hard drive + CD-ROM
- 17" monitor set at high resolution (1024 X 768 or better) & true color
- MS Internet Explorer 5.0 or better, we do not support other browsers at this time.
- Georgia font (should be included with your browser but if not it is free from Microsoft), the main font this web site uses (easy on the eyes).
- Set the text size in your browser to medium (view>text size>medium). At other sizes smaller or larger will distort the web pages.
- 28.8 baud FAX modem
- Windows 98/ME/XP....
- word-processing software that can read and write in Rich Text Format (RTF)
- Adobe Acrobat Reader, this is a free browser plug-in available by clicking on the icon below (opens a new browser window).
Students are responsible for all computer expenses, communication charges in the form of long distance telephone charges, subscription to an Internet provider, or any other communications service requirement.